Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to the Opportunity Zones Authority, henceforth referred to as the “QOZ Marketplace”; therefore, the QOZ Marketplace conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security. The QOZ Marketplace hopes the policy outlined below will help you understand what data the QOZ Marketplace may collect, how the QOZ Marketplace uses and safeguards that data and with whom the QOZ Marketplace may share it.
2. Our Services. The QOZ Marketplace provides content production and management services (“Services”) for Clients with respect to Qualified Opportunity Zones. Clients retain the QOZ Marketplace to transmit messages and to provide information to their customers and others (“Recipients”). In such cases, the QOZ Marketplace acts as an agent/data processor for its Clients to perform the Services and the QOZ Marketplace relies on its Clients to comply with all applicable personal data privacy laws in compiling and providing the QOZ Marketplace with the Recipient information. Through its Website, the QOZ Marketplace will not collect any Personal Data about you unless you: (1) voluntarily choose to provide the QOZ Marketplace with it in order to obtain goods or services or respond to a survey; (2) provide your consent; (3) or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
3. Purpose of Use. When you do provide us with Personal Data via its Website, the QOZ Marketplace usually uses it to respond to your inquiry, process your order or provide you access to specific information. Also, to support our customer relationship with you, the QOZ Marketplace may store and process Personal Data and share it with our worldwide subsidiaries and affiliates. If you choose not to have your Personal Data used to support our customer relationship, we will respect your choice.
The QOZ Marketplace may employ third parties to host or support its Websites, applications or Service. These parties may have access to your information to perform such tasks.
The QOZ Marketplace does not sell or otherwise market your Personal Data to third parties, except QOZ Marketplace subsidiaries and affiliates.
4. Other Information Collection. The QOZ Marketplace will collect, use or disclose Personal Data supplied by you online only for the purposes disclosed by you, or as provided herein, unless the disclosure: (1) is a use of the Personal Data for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the Personal Data was collected; (2) is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you; (3) with your consent; (4) is reasonably necessary to provide Services to you or the QOZ Marketplace’s Clients, (5) is necessary to communicate with you regarding employment or business opportunity; (6) is required by law or governmental or judicial authorities; (7) is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense; (8) is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on the QOZ Marketplace information technology systems.
5. Communications or Utilization Data. Through your use of telecommunications services to access our Website, your communications data (i.e., Internet protocol address) or utilization data (i.e., information on the beginning, end and extent of each address, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to Personal Data. To the extent there is any compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
7. Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically. When you access our Website, we may automatically collect non-personal data (i.e., type of Internet browser and operating system uses, domain name of the Website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this non-personal data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to monitor the attractiveness of our Website, improve performance or content or for other marketing purposes.
Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personal information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at one of our sites. Once you choose to provide a web page with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. A cookie is like an identification card. It is unique to your computer and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.
Cookies save you time as they help us to remember who you are. Cookies help us to be more efficient. We can learn about what content is important to you and what is not. We can revise or remove web pages that are not of interest and focus our energies on content you want.
You can control which cookies you accept. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies or to alert you every time a cookie is offered by a website’s server. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. You may find that some parts of the site will not function properly if you have refused cookies. To clear cookies that have previously been placed on your browser, you should select the option to clear your browsing history and ensure that the option to delete or clear cookies is included when you do so.
9. Children. The QOZ Marketplace’s website is not aimed at children and the QOZ Marketplace will not knowingly collect Personal Data from children without insisting that they seek parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose Personal Data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent, or to protect a child.
11. Data Integrity. We only use Personal Data that is necessary to perform the Services requested and it remains secure until destroyed or returned to the client. We only store Personal Data when specifically requested to do so by a Client or as part of our ordinary back-up, archiving process. Archived files are secured consistent with paragraph 10 above and are destroyed on a regular cycle.
12. Questions and Comments. The QOZ Marketplace will respond to reasonable requests to review Personal Data, withdraw your consent and to correct, amend or delete any inaccuracies as follows:
- Individuals seeking access to Personal Data that the QOZ Marketplace received from its Clients may be directed to the Client directly. All of the QOZ Marketplace’s messages should prominently display the name of the Client on whose behalf the message was sent. We also would be happy to provide any interested Recipient the applicable Client’s name and contact information.
- Individuals seeking access to Personal Data about themselves that the QOZ Marketplace has collected via its Website must contact our Corporate Privacy Officer as directed below. We will make reasonable efforts to provide the requested information promptly if it is still available to us, although we reserve the right to charge the requester for the cost (in time and expenses) of retrieval.
14. Corporate Privacy Officer. To contact our Corporate Privacy Officer when indicated by this Policy or to address questions or concerns regarding the QOZ Marketplace’s privacy practices, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters may be sent to: The QOZ Marketplace, 113 Hutton Lane, Las Vegas, Nevada 89145 Attn: Corporate Privacy Officer.